411 Drives wants to help you by giving you some important advice and tips to consider before getting a vehicle. It’s important to be informed!
Is this your first vehicle? Are you considering purchasing but need
Are you unsure if you should buy a New VS Used vehicle?
- Brand new, no one has driven the vehicle
- Factory warranties
- Worry free
- Get exactly what you want in customization
- Costs more
- Extra added fees (PDI, Shipping, Dealer preparation, Freight)
- Your vehicle depreciates instantly as you drive it off the lot
- Costs you less
- No PDI, Freight or air conditioning fees
- Depending on the year your purchase it can still have factory warranty plus you can get extended warranty
- Someone else has taken the major upfront depreciation hit
- You can get a nicer car for the price you would of spent for a new mediocre car
- There is a level od uncertainty
Should I lease or finance? What’s the difference?
Take a look at these details that may give you a better insight as to what maybe the best option for you.
- Monthly payments are relatively cheaper
- You don’t pay to own, you pay to use the vehicle for a set term (there are lease to own options where you can pay and at the end of the term you can decide if you want to switch to financing)
- You can not modify
- You can change your vehicle frequently Limited mileage
- Restricted to lease terms
- Monthly payments are higher
- Paying to own the vehicle
- Can customize and modify your vehicle to your liking
- Unlimited mileage
- Complete owndership
- Payment free once our car is paid off
- Your own vehicle, no restricted to terms other than payment
- Make sure you always ask about a car proof. It is your right as a consumer to have a look to see the vehicle’s history.
- Buy a vehicle you can afford! You may want a Lamborghini, but sometimes its important to think about what you can afford in the long run.
- Always research and test drive the vehicles you are considering. It will help you to make the best decision for your situation.
- Make sure to consider the insurance prices on the vehicle you are looking to purchase. Insurance rates differ depending on the make and model.
- Make sure to always ask your Finance Manager if your loan will be an opened loan or a closed loan. Knowing the two can be really beneficial through out your term. Opened loans allow you to pay off the vehicle off before your term is over where as closed loan’s keep you locked in to your full term.
- Never use your Line of Credit for purchasing a vehicle. Auto loans have a fixed yearly interest where as L.O.C’s have fluctuating interest rates. L.O.C’s is also a demand note, which mean is your bank can request you to pay the full payment at anytime. If you do not have the funds they have the right to seize whatever funds you have.
Here are some essentials you should
keep in your vehicle!
Some of us don’t have much in our vehicles, minimalism at it’s best where as some of us have everything you can think of. 411 Drives will tell you the top 20 things that are essential to have in every vehicle.
- A packaged emergency safety kit! You can either make one or buy one, but it is important to ensure if were to ever have your car stopped you have things such as a flashlight, fire starter, blanket, seatbelt cutter, etc.
- Car manual
- Gas can
- Duct tape
- Tire inflator and sealer! This can help you if it isn’t so bad just enough time to help you get to a proper area.
- Jumper starter cables. You never know when your battery may need a boost.
- First Aid Kit
- A paper map
- Ice and snow scraper/shovel
- Water and Emergency food
- Tow truck and auto repair information
- Windshield washer fluid
- Spare tire, jack and tire iron! You never know when you are going to get a flat tire so it is important to make sure you have the proper tools on hand so you are not stuck.
Our Lending Partners
411 Drives offers more than just financing. We can assist you if you are looking to lease, buy a vehicle out right or if you found a vehicle that you need funding for.
Although we have many $0 down options available, a down payment has its benefits. It can help lower your monthly payments as well as demonstrates to lenders that you are serious in making this commitment.
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Have 2 forms of valid photo ID. (Driver’s License, Passport, Social Insurance, etc.)
- Proof of income. (Paystubs, Notice of Assessment, T4, Bank Statements, ODSP & Pension documentation, etc.)
The amount that you are pre-approved for depends on multiple factors. After you have submitted your auto loan application, a finance specialist will contact you to discuss the details of your pre-approval.